2001 Prost Grand Prix Series season
From F1 Alternate
The 2001 Prost Grand Prix Series season was the first season of the Prost Grand Prix Series, a single-make series consisting entirely of Prost AP03s.
Teams and drivers
- 1 Robert Anderson was arrested after the San Marino GP for money laundering and involvement in a robbery case (although he was later acquitted for both). Dominic Racing Team replaced him with Murray Varsha.
- 2 Eric Basso was sacked after the San Marino GP after poor results and was replaced with Casper Larsson.
- 3 Jasper Lerby left the series after the Austrian GP. For financial reasons, Mazzacane did not find a replacement, although they did use a second car for the last round with another Dane, Mattias Kjellerup at the wheel.
- 4 Charlie Darrell was given a one race ban for dangerous driving in the Scottish GP. He was replaced by Leonhard von Gottorp.
- 5 Scuderia Asso di Fiori scaled down to 1 car after the English GP to focus their efforts on Volker Bromberger.
- 6 Nikolay Djurov was banned for one race after his antics in the English GP. Von Gottorp took his place.
- 7 Murray Varsha left the series after the Dutch GP over a pay dispute with his team.
- 8 Nathan Nurmester was banned for one race after taking off Ralf Alden in the Luxembourg GP.
- 9 Carter Roberts was banned for three races for dangerous driving. Following criticism of hiring a kart driver without experience, which led to his ban, Roberts was fired and replaced by Satoru Kagawa.
- 10 Denis van Walwijk was injured on the first lap of the Californian GP and forced to miss one race.
- 11 Julio Gonzalez was banned for 2 races after the Californian GP for causing Nikola Nikolov's retirement.
|4||Jase van der Boom||58|
|=||Denis van Walwijk||32|
|=||José Pablo Mazzacane||6|
|38||Leonhard von Gottorp||0|